Every time my husband sees a courier box at home, I have to give the best possible reason as to why I needed to shop that thing (I for sure know he doesn’t buy my reasons and just givens in with a bit of Lecturing of course). You may wonder why I have to explain all the time? This is because the shopper in me just can’t stop shopping and some times I go overboard with it. However, when I shop online, I try to save those little extra bucks wherever I can.
So today I am going to share a few online shopping hacks with you guys.
- Clear the browser history. Remember when you try to book a flight ticket or a cab from a “X” website and then go to “Y” website to compare the prices. When you do this, “X” web page follows you to “Y” page and when you get back to “X” again, the prices on this page would have gone high this time. So when you see a particular webpage, clear the browser history or close that page before you visit the next webpage. This way you will get better prices.
- Delete card info from the Site: Many shopping sites ask you to save your card details so that next shopping becomes easy. Don’t do that. Its a way for shopping sites to play with your mind where you feel just one click and the order will be placed without the hassle of entering too many details.
- Pay in Cash: When you pay in card for your shopping, you feel as if something for free has arrived when the order gets delivered but when you pay for the same in cash, it will pinch you a bit. So try to pay more in cash and less by card.
- Resell unwanted stuff online: There are many online websites, which help you sell second hand outfits and products. Start selling things that you feel you don’t use any more or have outgrown it. This way you keep the money cycle on and wont feel too guilty.
- Wait for SALE: Keep a track of the item that you like and if you know that the sale or discount period is around the corner, wait for it. Also, look for discount codes and offers before placing you order.
Last but not the least, and as funny as it can be, shop on weekend so the delivery comes by weekday, husband is away at work, throw the boxes before he finds them. This has worked with me (Thankfully my husband is not active on Insta/blogs to read this)
So do let me know how do you manage your shopping. Are you a shopaholic and splurge too much or you go easy with your shopping?
22 replies on “Online Shopping Hacks”
Loved reading it… didnt know about these points n specially anout the first point .. n it use to happen always…nw i knw the reason.. thank u so much for sharing these
Thanks for the tips. Wasn’t aware of point 1 though.
I used to be a mad shopoholic when I was working.
But now since I am on the break…. Have reduced the expenditure a lot and wish to maintain it further as well
I love online shopping and follow most of it except the first point. Thanks for the tip 🙂
Your last tip of online shopping make me laugh… All the other tips are very informative & lots of people use to do silly mistakes…this blog will help them a lot
Wow! Totally enjoyed reading this. All hacks are good esp cash pay and the first one.
You are a shopoholic ha, have u seen that movie Confessions of shopoholic? Do watch.
Hahah yes totally and ofcourse I’ve seen the movie. But like in the movie, I dont splurge in CC.
Oh thanks for this. I should absolutely clear my history for various reasons. Also, please let me know which websites actually have people who buy second hand stuff because FB and OLX are totally full and my pram is just not selling. I have two of them!
Hey, sharing a link wch has named few sites to sell ur stuff online. Hope its helpful.
My mom is really into online shopping and she just can’t stop! I will forward this to her… Maybe your tips will help! 😛
Hahahah I hope so too
You have shared some really good tips. One must really follow them you can get your stuff at good price and save some money too.
Hahah sure try them out
This is really informative for all of us here because we usually neglect these small essential things in our life. Thank you for throwing up some light over it.
These are so simple yet useful hacks and mostly most of them ignored or not remembered at the time we shop online. Just a few hours back I was shopping online for my gym wear and neither did I deleted my card nor I cleared my cookies. But gonna do the both now. Thanks!
Do try it out.
Loved reading through this wonderfully written post. And I will definitely use some of these online shopping hacks 😊
Let me know if u find them useful after u try them
Never did the reselling thing, actually. But, have to try it once in my life. Can you recommend me few websites where the task becomes easier?
Hey… sharing a link were any sites are mentioned. Hope its helpful
I shop online very often! I did not know about clearing browser history. A useful tip!
I always try to pay in cash and it pinch very hard.. Nice hacks you have mentioned