You may associate book clubs with old people, food and wine or all the 3 combined, but that’s not all. There is much more to a book club and that’s the reason why more and more book clubs are popping up with book fanatics joining in.
So, if you love reading, here is why you need to join a book club;
- You actually read: When you join a Book club, you will be motivated to finish the book rather than taking your own time to read. The whole purpose of a book club is to push the readers to read more and more books and if you are here, you will be spending more quality time with your books than before.
- You make new Bookish friends: I can talk about books at length. But half the time I am surrounded by people who either don’t read at all or read only on holidays. My passion for books and talking about them finds company in a book club where everyone loves books.
- Discussions and perspectives: So book clubs like I said are not only about food and wine, but lot more. You don’t just read for entertainment when you join a book club. On the contrary, you get deeper understanding and perspective on the book and its characters when you discuss the book with club members.
- Broadens your horizon: When you join a book club, you have lots of recommendations being shared. This allows you to come out of your comfort genre. You try new books and venture into reading new authors from around the globe. Reading outside of your zone could help you grow as an individual.
- Calm amidst the chaos: For a person like me who finds peace amidst books, book club is my place to be. Out of the mundane rigmarole of life, people here only talk about books and nothing else. It can be a perfect getaway for a reader who chooses to talk about nothing else but books.
As for my personal experience, I have found lots of interesting books and authors through Book Clubs and Bookstagramers. If books are on your mind, Book Clubs is where you need to be. Here is the link to the book club that I follow on Goodreads.
But before we end, here are some interesting book clubs by celebs world over that you can join. SJS Picks by Sarah Jessica Parker. Reese’s Book Club by Reese Witherspoon. Sonali’s Book Club by our very own Sonali Bendre. Belletrist by Emma Roberts.
Hope to see you soon in a book club.
This blog is a part of Book Marathon by https://outsetbooks.com/