We all have 24 hours in a day, yet some manage to do so much in that time while some struggle to complete even a single task in hand. So, what is it that they are doing it differently to be ahead in the game and beat the time?
Let’s have a look at them one by one and evaluate where we stand and what changes we need to bring into our lifestyle.
- Wake up Early: We have all heard the saying “early to bed, early to rise, that makes people, healthy, wealthy and wise. This does stand true for the idols that we look up. If they chose to sleep through the day, they would not be where they are today.
- Get Proper Sleep: A healthy body needs proper rest and sleep. Like oil to machine, sleep is the power dose that is necessary wake up with full energy.
- Envision the future: While they say, live in the present, we should not forget the future that is on its way. So, prepare for it. Financially, by saving and investing and physically by staying fit and eating right. Set goals for the future and walk towards it in the present.
- Delegate: Rich and successful people don’t have superpowers to do all the work in a day’s time. They have invested in people to delegate the work and get things done on time. When you delegate, you are getting many things done at one time rather than getting one thing at a time done.
- Make swift decisions: When you choose to ponder and think and then think some more, you are just wasting your time and others time as well. A person who values time will make prompt decisions.
- Set a schedule and plan the day: When the day is well planned, we set the wheels in motion. From a school goer to a successful business, when follow a schedule can achieve much more than they could have otherwise. A well-planned day also allows one to do the right thing at the right time and not procrastinate or miss anything important.
- Read and stay updated: Reading is not only about books, fantasy stories and fiction drama. Reading current affairs, national and international updates and what is trending helps one stay in tandem with the world. You don’t want to lose out on something important that the world knows but skipped your eyes and mind because you didn’t pick up the newspaper and read it.
- Stay in good company: Company matters. People tend to rub off their behavior and ideas with others around them and influence then in the wrong way A person who is motivated and driven will also push you to succeed and pass on their good vibes making the aura around you positive and thriving.
Not everyone can become number one, but right choices and practices can help you walk the towards the path of success. Also read my blog on Financial Goals to achieve in your 20’s which talks about the importance of starting investment early and how to go about it. Also read about the Pomodoro Technique of Time Management blog to know how you can divide your time to make it more productive.