Close to completing the 30 days trial period of 2021 and so far, I have decided not to cancel my subscription.
Like the saying goes “once bitten, twice shy“, We all have stepped into 2021 with much apprehension after a disastrous 2020 where the world was at its feet with the Covid virus taking over the globe.
But 2021 has shown us some interesting and some fun news to keep the tone of this year right so far.
So let’s see how has the first Month of 2021 been globally.
1. One thing that the world prayed for in 2020 was a vaccine for COVID and 2021 started with news that India has begun its covid vaccination program, the first major developing country to have rolled out this plan to immune nearly 1.3billion people.
2. A pregnancy of a celebrity is always top news, at-least in Indian media and while we had many celebs announcing their pregnancy in 2020, ace cricketer Virat Kohli and his actress wife Anushka Sharma announced the birth of their girl child. The couple requested the media to respect their privacy as they celebrate and so we will have to wait some more time till we get to see some pictures.
3. Donald Trump’s social media account being suspended from Twitter, FB and Youtube citing the reason of “risk of further incitement of violence“. These media channels pulled the plug after the day of attack at Capitol and the world went ballistic with memes floating all over the social media poking mockery at the Ex-President.
4. Having spoken about Donal Trump and the attack at Capitol, how can we not talk about the swaying of an Indian flag amidst the sea of US flags by a Virginia based Indian entrepreneur, Vincent Palanthigal who reasoned that he carried the flag for his patriotic fervor and love for the Indian Flag and not to defame it. This act gained strong reaction from Indians globally as they took to social media to express their anger and annoyance over sighting an Indian tricolor in a riot happening in another country.
5. While we are still talking about America, we need to mention a name that has not just made her family proud but set a buzz the 1.3billion people of India. Kamala Harris was sworn in as the 49th VP of America, the 1st Female, black and a south Asian in the US history. She has the world looking at her with expectations and girls inspiring from her as she takes over US as the new VP.
6. Coming back to India and Indians love for cricket, how can we miss the glorious victory in the test series with Australia where India was all bowled out for a record low score of 36 in Adelaide but fought it till the end to come out victories in the series with 2-1 after winning the last and final test in Brisbane.
With all these news, 2021’s 1st chapter has been exciting as we eagerly wait to see or rather experience the rest of 2021. With more and more people being vaccinated, we hope to see India in a better position this year in fighting COVID so that life can resume its old course- the old Normal that we all once took granted for.
Ending with a hope that at personal level, you too had a great start to 2021. See you around the rest of 2021 and beyond.
24 replies on “2021- So far so good”
Excellent write up for the 1st month of the year
I’m also keeping my fingers crossed for this new year. With se good news flying since the start of the year, hopefully it will turn out to be great!
Feeling positive after reading your post dear. Indeed all these points are highlighting of 2021 so far and among all these I m eagerly waiting for proven effectiveness of vaccine against COVID 19 ,so I can plan my India visit soon without having fear and anxiousness.
That is an interesting round up of the 1st month of 2021. Yes the beginning of the year has been quite positivee
You wind up all good thing in one post ,hoping for the best for 2021.you have given positivity for new beginning.
that’s an interesting post.. actually feeling positive after reading it.. specially cricket wins the heart of this country
This is a positive post indeed for this new year new month.. Thank you for filling positivity and thank you for sharing an interesting read…
Yes true. It’s been a good start to the year. And the vaccine has brought so much hope. Really hope this year goes well.
We all want that 2021 will hopefully turn out to be great! After reading your blog I can feel positive vibes around me. Finger crossed.
After a storm there is always a happiness…. feeling so positive after reading this blog …. special Kamala Harris , really happy to see her where she is 🌟
After every storm there us a happiness … feeling so positive after reading all this great points .. specially Kamala Harris ….
You covered some of the great news from the first month of 2021 and that indeed gives a lot of hope for the coming months. We are so happy to hear the news of the Covid vaccination program in India.
You have given a quick comprehensive recap of the incidents so far. I loved how you have explained everything. It is quirky, informative and equally thought provoking. It made be look back to the past one month too. This is a great thought to analyse.
Yes, the vaccination has been the biggest good news till now. Hope things go well with the world and everyone is vaccinated and the pandemic ends.
My husband has already got vaccinated (the first dose) and I am yet to be. It’s good that you are considering the positives of 2021 while I am still finding trouble to see the light.
Another year on the roll.I loved your selection of 2021 hood news and not so good ones.Life is on it seems after a strange 2020
Actually so far so good… 2021 is turning out to be better than 2020 as of now… Touchwood
After reading your post, I am really feeling positive that yes!! Now we are entering in better and positive life!! Hope all get fine like before soon for all.
It’s actually been a good start to the year and a good sum-up until now. I am positive about this year!!
For me even 2020.was good. I have no complaints except travel and so looking forward for good vacations in 2021.
That’s a good wind up of January month for all over the world. Vaccine rolling out in India is the biggest highlight for me personally.
2021 will bring good luck and cheer to countless people around the world. I’m pretty hopeful about that. Sports, for example, will play a big role in bringing smile to a lot of people. I also hope that the vaccination ends the fear surrounding Corona.
So loved the feeling behind this post dear as I too feel the same. Really 2021 has brought in the much needed hope buddy
What a wonderful collection and start of 2021. I feel good after reading your post. 2021 has really something imidst.