Home is where the heart is and we want our heart to always be in a beautiful place, right? After a hectic day at work, all we need is a beautiful house to go back to. But seeing the same things again and again can make it a bit boring and its always a great idea to bring some small changes to make your house more inviting and appealing to the eyes.
If you wish to change the look of your home but are short on time and tight on budget, some basic changes can help add a lot of drama and variation. I personally like to redo my home decor time and again and these are my 5 basic ways by which I add a new look to my house.
- Candles: There are a huge variety of candles available in the market. From Tea light candles to pillar candles, there are a lot of options and depending on your space, you can get these candles to add a new vibration to the house. You can also get fancy candle holders like Hurricane lamps to classic candle holders. Tip: In the evening, dim the lights and lit some aromatic candles and set the right mood to enjoy some time with your spouse. Candles set at the dinner table when you have guest can add a lot of elegance to the entire dinner setting.
- Upholstery: Reupholstering the furniture can add new freshness to the entire space. Be it the entire sofa or just chairs of your dinner table, a small change in the upholstery can make the entire room look new. Tip: Floral upholstery is in trend and if not for all furniture, you can change it for one single chair, and you will love what you see.
- Throw pillows and Cushions: Throw pillows and cushions are the easiest way to brighten up any room. A change in the shape, color or the print can uplift the look of the room. Tip: 3 cushions for 3 seats in your sofa is old school. Instead add more vibrant cushions to your plain colored sofa to make it look more comforting.
- Flowers: Introducing flowers, be it real or artificial can beautify the whole room. Flowers are a natural mood lifter. Add some roses in a vase and place it at the console or at the side table in your living room or bedroom. Flowers also add more color and vibrancy to the room. Tip: An artificial flower arrangement kept in the washroom gives it a very fresh look.
- Rug: Add a rug in your living room, be it bohemian, rustic or traditional, it will instantly change the aesthetics of the room. Tip: Add a rug near the foot end of the bed to give a rich and classy look to your bedroom.
With these small changes and additions, your entire space can feel fresh, in trend and refined. You can easily tackle these décor ideas in one day and give your house more upbeat yet classy look.