Home is where the heart is and we want our heart to always be in a beautiful place, right? After a hectic day at work, all we need is a beautiful house to go back to. But seeing the same things again and again can make it a bit boring and its always a great idea to bring some small changes to make your house more inviting and appealing to the eyes.
If you wish to change the look of your home but are short on time and tight on budget, some basic changes can help add a lot of drama and variation. I personally like to redo my home decor time and again and these are my 5 basic ways by which I add a new look to my house.
- Candles: There are a huge variety of candles available in the market. From Tea light candles to pillar candles, there are a lot of options and depending on your space, you can get these candles to add a new vibration to the house. You can also get fancy candle holders like Hurricane lamps to classic candle holders. Tip: In the evening, dim the lights and lit some aromatic candles and set the right mood to enjoy some time with your spouse. Candles set at the dinner table when you have guest can add a lot of elegance to the entire dinner setting.
- Upholstery: Reupholstering the furniture can add new freshness to the entire space. Be it the entire sofa or just chairs of your dinner table, a small change in the upholstery can make the entire room look new. Tip: Floral upholstery is in trend and if not for all furniture, you can change it for one single chair, and you will love what you see.
- Throw pillows and Cushions: Throw pillows and cushions are the easiest way to brighten up any room. A change in the shape, color or the print can uplift the look of the room. Tip: 3 cushions for 3 seats in your sofa is old school. Instead add more vibrant cushions to your plain colored sofa to make it look more comforting.
- Flowers: Introducing flowers, be it real or artificial can beautify the whole room. Flowers are a natural mood lifter. Add some roses in a vase and place it at the console or at the side table in your living room or bedroom. Flowers also add more color and vibrancy to the room. Tip: An artificial flower arrangement kept in the washroom gives it a very fresh look.
- Rug: Add a rug in your living room, be it bohemian, rustic or traditional, it will instantly change the aesthetics of the room. Tip: Add a rug near the foot end of the bed to give a rich and classy look to your bedroom.
With these small changes and additions, your entire space can feel fresh, in trend and refined. You can easily tackle these décor ideas in one day and give your house more upbeat yet classy look.
29 replies on “5 ways to revamp your house and give it a new look”
Throwing pillows I did. For a while. And then they were all over the place for entertainment and building obstacle courses. Then they went into the car and stayed there.
hahahah that’s the case at my home too….
These are wonderful ideas to perk up the dull look in a home. Changes should be made according to seasons or occasions, I guess. A warm look for winter while a cool look for summer.
Yes that’s true.. seasonal based changes look great too
Fresh plants are my favorite. They brighten up my mood. Second is mirrors. I love decorative mirrors. after Diwali vibes, now I am ready to change the decor of my house.
Yes Fresh plants also make the house look more lively.
Love the suggestions. I am going to go get a bouquet of flowers tomorrow to spruce up the sitting room and definitely going to check out some cushion covers to change the look and feel
Loved all the ideas Hansa. I agree with small changes we can make a huge positive impact in our house decor. Flowers are my personal favorite and I love to add that in my home decor.
flowers are my fav too and i keep on buying real flowers every fortnight to add color and life to my house.
I love each of these ideas! We have just put a rug. But definitely will try out idea of plants and cushions 🙂
All the idea are really good and do add that X Factor . Flowers, candles brings so much of positivity. I so wanted that single chair in my room where I can sip my tea and read my favorite book.
That’s very helpful tips to add new look to the house by following simple tips. Yes furniture, lights and flowers add refreshing look to the house
I really want to give a corner in my home a new look and was wondering what to add on and loved few ideas of yours will share my pic once done
These are wonderful ideas to revamp your house . I use cushion idea and rugs are definitely great add on to any bedroom .These small changes are really good.
Yes , cushion covers do magic in the room setting and can be stored easily too. I liked all the ideas of this post that makes the house look revamped with simple changes.
These are wonderful ideas to revamp the house 🏠. Special with plants freshness and the rugs. I have rug at my place based on the colors and themes. Great write ✍ up….
All the decor items you mentioned in the post, definitely adds a gleam to the house. Rug is what makes the room looks blooming and like spreading them.
I love these ideas which add an instant life to our home. Adding flowers and candles being the best of it all.
Those are some interesting home decor ideas. I love candles and upholstery.
Flower, natural plants, mirrors are my favorite. Curtains according to the season also add that ended touch up to our existing decor.
amazing ideas.. I like small planters , candles and paintings to give the vibe and colour to the room.. I’ll try seasonal based changes now post reading your blog posr
Thank you for sharing this. We are in process of renovation our house. Your post has given me a lot of ideas. I would definitely implement them
I love decorating my house. To have a cozy corner, work corner etc are very important. Your ideas are fabulous. Especially I love flowers and candles. They will give your house a whole.new ambience
Flowers, candles and upholstery instantly perk up a room! Aromatic candles, dim light and soft music is the perfect date recipe. I love to add wall decor too.
Loved all the ideas and definitely going to try some but I am in love with Floral upholster..this is sure thing in my room now.
I have included all these pointers and ideas in my new house to give it an earthy look. Everyone should surely include such ideas while revamping their space.
I am a huge fan of rugs and indoor plants, half of my time on social media goes by scrolling through online nurseries. Glad you added empress chairs to the list, they look so nice and amp up space.
These are really great ideas to give your home a wonderful look, I too love rugs a lot in front of sofa’s it give such a pleasant and positive vibe!!
I personally love floral decor and try to keep my decor as per the seasons. You’ve shared some great tips to give your house a new look with small changes.