India is a land with rich culture, heritage and historical treasure as it walks on the path of modernity. It’s an “All in One” package for travellers. From the highest peaks to the beautiful beaches, snow clad mountains to desert, glitz of Mumbai to the parch landscapes of Rajasthan, India has it all. And lets not forget the flavourful idiosyncratic food.
So lets see what makes India so distinctive and appealing to the travellers.
- Spirituality and Religion: Land of many Gods, India has large number of temples and Ashrams. India’s tremendous cultural power has maintained a deep impact on the world and has been a beacon of light for the west. At the Golden Temple or Haji Ali which is midst the ocean to beautiful churches, everyone can find their peace here.
2. Food: India is famous for its spicy yet tasty food and every state in India has something unique to serve in the plate. Be it the GolGapas you eat on the street, a traditional Thai meal, or an international cuisine, tourist will find it all in India.
3. Monuments: India is a land of one of the wonders of the world- Taj Mahal. It attracts a lot of tourist which are awed by its beauty and architect. The Red Fort, Jantar Mantra, and many more such monuments attract not just tourist but also historians and scientist to our land.
4. Spectacular Beauty: India has beautiful landscapes and mountain peaks and is a natural paradise. From beautiful hill stations like Mount Abu, Dal lake in Jammu & Kashmir to Nubra Valley in Ladhak, travellers can choose to spend their holidays resting in the lap of nature.
5. Safari: India is famous for Wildlife Safari and Desert Safari. India has various sanctuaries and Tiger reserves like Ranthambore, Jim Corbett. Travellers can do the Desert safari in Jeeps or camel back, see the sun go down and later relax by the camp fire and enjoy the cultural dance performed by artist.
6. Adventure: One can go road tripping in the hilly terrain of himalayas, enjoy some water sports in Goa, go scuba diving in Havelock Island Andaman, bungee jumping in Rishikesh or water rafting in Ladakh, India has all the fun in store for adventure lovers.
7. Beaches: India is a Peninsula, surrounded by water from 3 sides, giving travellers some beautiful beaches to enjoy. Travellers favourite destination Goa and its numerous beaches to the back water of Kerela and other beaches like Light House beach in Kovalam. Mumbai also has some popular and over crowded beaches which is the main weekend getaway for its people.
8. Royalty and luxury: Many royal palaces are now converted into 5 star hotels and travellers can enjoy and get a feel of royalty. India also offers great luxury, at a price of course, with a luxury hotels at all the popular travel destination and cities. One can also travel in style on the “Palace on Wheels” as the train criss crosses the land of Maharajas of Rajasthan and also takes you to Agra and Delhi.
9. Yoga: From the Beatles who came to Rishikesh and got fascinated with yoga to the rest of the world now spreading their yoga mats and made it a part of their regime. Unarguably the most trending thing in the world, travellers seek yoga to connect with their inner self and transcend into a state of peace. There are plenty yoga centres spread all over India.
10. Festivals: India has not one but many festivals with every religion having its own celebrations. See everything colourful during holi or the sky lit up as we celebrate Diwali, Eid has people greeting one another and we also have Santa Clause coming to town riding on its sleigh in December. Festivities take the spirit high and makes its a beautiful place to be for travellers.
And there is much more that travellers and tourist can enjoy in India. The Big Fat Indian Wedding will leave the traveller enthralled by the grandeur of celebration and the colourful attire. Dance to the tune of Garba or Bhangra or visit places less explored, a traveller has lots to experience, explore and relish. Each state of India will entertain its visitors with its history, culture, food and tranquil places leaving them enraptured and take away a memorable trip.
This blog is a part of #SpeakeasywithRuchiNDips blogging challenge hosted by Dipika and Ruchi.