I have been a movie buff all my life thanks to the family genes and the same is being passed on to my kids. As a child I have enjoyed some really fun movies and have wanted my kids to watch it too. The movies that I have chosen take me back to my olden days when I use to sit with my family and cousins enjoying these classics.
So here are my top 5 picks which I think everyone should watch it with their kids at least once .
- Mrs. Doubtfire: This is a comedy movie which touches the topic of divorce and how it affects the family. While this may sound sad to you, but no, the movie is full of fun and laughter. The male lead, Robbin Williams, disguises him self as a househelp to be with his kids and then the fun ride begins. This a must watch movie for all kids.
2. Mary Poppins (The film): This is a Walt Disney fantasy musical movie which was released way back in 1964 and it combined live action with animation. It recently released its sequel “Mary Poppins Returns” in Dec 2018. A fun classic movie that every kid will enjoy.
3. Dunston Checks In: This is again a comedy movie about an Orangutang who has come into a 5 star hotel and all the fun that follows. Its a laughter riot for kids and the bond between the Orangutang and the small child is amazing. Trust me when I say your child is going to love this move.
4. Baby’s Day Out: This is one movie that had left us all amazed when we watched it for the first time. A small baby kidnapped, escaped and out in the open world managed to survive the day and get back home safe and all that happened in-between was sheer fun to watch. For sure your child would be laughing his/her heart out while watching this movie.
5. Dr. Dolittle: This movie first came out in 1998 and has many sequels to it. Eddie Murphy who plays the titular role, has the ability to speak to animals and thus all sorts of animals approach him for medical advice while everyone else around him thinks he has gone crazy. This movie is going to tickle the funny bone of your kids for sure.
These are great movies and lockdown is the perfect time for the entire family to cuddle up, grab that popcorn and let the screen blare. Hope you all enjoy these movies as much we did.
22 replies on “Top 5 classic English movies every kid must watch”
What an absolute fun selection of movies you have done. I remember growing up we watced these movies so many times and every time was equally fun definitely we need to relive a childhood by watching these movies again.
I am searching for kids movie. Thanks a lot dear. Baby’s day out is one of our family favorite.
Thanks for sharing this list me and my niece watched so many movies during this lockdown will missed some movies which you mentioned above and thanks for suggesting these movies on right time. Will going to watch the remaining movies
Wow they are all such great movies, brought back memories. I remember watching Baby’s Day out in a theatre with my dad, I had loved it.
Mary Poopins and Babys Day out are my favourite. All these movies are really good for kids.
Mary Poppins and Babys Day out are my favourite. All these movies are really good for kids.
I have watched all of them and I really loved them. My son however doesn’t like watching movies!!
I have seen most of these English movies, while growing up. Mrs. Doubtfire in particular was so heartfelt, even today if I watch it, I can’t help but become emotional. Robin Williams was such a great actor!
Such a great list of movies. I have watched Baby’s day out and Dr. Dolittle , will watch rest three in this lock down. Thanks for sharing
These are all classic movies and I would love to watch them again and again. Great list👍
You have curated a great list here. My favorite of the lot is Mes Doubtfire and I can’t stop giggling thinking about that movie.
The movie names are so appropriate… Mrs Doubtfire and Dr Dolittle was my favourites too. I watched them when I was a kid… heheheh 🙂
your blog is really good, Hansa
My son has never watched any movie till date. But I am planning one for him. This would be so helpful for the start. Thank you for sharing.
The best of the lot is Baby’s day out! I still crack up while watching this movie! I just got a great idea of showing these films in my class to my children! Thank you so much 😊
These are absolute classics, combined with fun, humor and some great lessons
LOVED this list! It brought back so many childhood memories! I remember watching these films on the VCR at home with all my friends. We used to plan the movie afternoon, days in advance and after it was done, we spent so many days discussing the film. Thank you for writing this lovely post.
Except for Mary Poppins I have seen them all and Dunston is my Son’s fav movie. Superb throwback post for me🤭
AMAZING LIST !!! This is will be absolutely fun when you also gets involved with kids while watching movies. This will be stress buster for you and you kid will learn new and better english words. Also, Can you talk about Cartoon that kid must watch ??
Keep sharing the good content 🙂
Thankyou for the list I have watched a few movies with my daughter from the list already , Mary Poppins and Dr Dolittle is left .
What a lovely blog. Took me back in time. The list is what I grew up watching and it’s so much fun to revisit my own childhood with my child 🙂
I have watched them all and thanks to your recommendation started introducing them to my daughter.
Me myself and my kids are always interested for english movies. This is really helpful 🙂