Toys are not only toys but also a means of development when it comes to kids. There are certain toys designed for motor and fine skill development. Toys also help in improving imagination, grip, concentration and much much more.
So today I am listing 5 must have toys, which can help in the right development of kids of up to 2years.
- Blocks: For little Kids, I would always recommend Mega Blocks set. First;y kids are attracted to their bright colors. Also these blocks help in developing motto skills, mental exercise and improve concentration and imagination. I would not suggest Legos or small blocks for small kids for the fear of chocking.
2. Wooden Hammer and Ball Toy: Wooden toys now a days are made of good quality and more preferred as they are not plastic hence are toxic free. This bright coloured toy can help in the motor skill development of the child and the child can also learn names of colors and shapes.
3. Educational Abacus: I have seen this abacus in the Melissa an Dough toys and I think its apt for small kids. It has 36 double sided tiles with numbers and alphabets. Kids can learn Alphabets and numbers also small words. It helps in hand eye coordination and also develops fine motor skills of the child.
4. Shape Sorter: Shape sorter toy is a good way to keep the child busy and their brains running. Don’t expect your child to get it perfect in the first few attempts. They will take time to understand the shape and what goes where and once they get the hang of it, they will enjoy this toy. Its a perfect toy for hand eye coordination and early skill development.
5. Multi Activity Toy: There are many options in this to choose from. The benefit of this toy is that it has multiple things included so that the child can be busy for a longer time. Coloured beads, music sound, animal sounds, numbers and alphabets. Such toys help in developing the fine motor skills and also stimulates brain development along with hand eye coordination and sensory development.
So these are my top 5 picks of toys for kids upto 2 years. Do let me know in the comments below if you have any more recommendations or add ons that can be made.